The Combined Municipal Campaign is the city's annual giving drive by employees to raise money for local charities. Traditionally, the CMC occurs during October each year. Departments hold fundraisers and encourage employees to make payroll pledges. But this year marks the start of a new day for the CMC. We have partnered with Bright Funds to make donating to the charity of your choice even easier. Bright Funds is a charitable giving platform that helps individuals and companies support the causes they are passionate about.
- Donations will be made through the Bright Funds online platform.
- Donations can be made by bank draft, credit card, PayPal and payroll. The payroll deduction option will not be available until the 2022 CMC payroll deductions have concluded in December.
- You have complete control over your donations. The platform will be available all year long to make changes, start or stop donations.
- You will have access to donate to more than 1 million non-profit agencies and schools.
- You can create your own fund with nonprofits you choose to share with colleagues as well as outside friends and family members.
- A volunteer component that lets you discover and sign up for to volunteer, easily organize team volunteer events, and track your personal volunteer hours.
- The administrative fee for CMC donations is being reduced from 4% to 2.5% for payroll giving. You will now have the option to increase your donation to cover the fee. Fees for bank draft, credit/debit card, and PayPal will include an additional 2.5% payment processor.
Ready to check out Bright Funds?
For most employees, you'll log on using your network credentials. Choose log in with single sign-on. For HPD employees, you'll follow the steps below for the first time you log in:
- Go to the landing page http://cityofhouston.brightfunds.org/
- Choose “Sign In."
- Locate the email option and choose “Claim Your Account.”
- Enter your City of Houston email address.
- You will be emailed instructions to set your password.