TOTAL TIME: 20 minutes
- 6 tablespoons of light mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup of fat-free plain yogurt
- 2 limes (juiced)
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of salt-free Cajun seasoning
- 3 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 32 (about 1 lb) shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- Eight 6-inch corn tortillas (warmed)
- 2 cups of chopped mixed greens
- 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh cilantro
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Preheat the broiler. Set the broiler rack three to four inches from the heat.
- Chop up mixed greens and cilantro. Set aside.
- In a small bowl stir together the mayonnaise, yogurt, and lime juice. This is the white sauce that will be used as a topping.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the oil, remaining lime juice, creole seasoning, garlic, and salt.
- Add the shrimp to the large bowl mixture, tossing gently until well coated.
- Spread the shrimp in a single layer on a large baking sheet. Broil the shrimp for two to three minutes. Using tongs, turn the shrimp over. Broil for another two to three minutes, or until the shrimp turn pink on the outside.
- Divide the shrimp equally among the tortillas. Top shrimp with greens and cilantro, then drizzle with the white sauce.
Recipe makes 8 servings. One serving (one taco) has: 150 calories / 7 grams of total fat / 1 gram of saturated fat / 0 grams of trans fat / 50 milligrams of cholesterol / 180 milligrams of sodium / 15 grams of total carbohydrates / 2 grams of dietary fiber / 1 gram of sugar / 9 grams of protein.
Source: American Diabetes Association, adapted from The Tex-Mex Diabetes Cookbook